Tuesday 15 May 2018

Everything Wonderful- The Flower Challenge

Good Morning.
Here is another card for

Our theme this month is:

I began creating my card by using the Inking Tape Technique.  Last week, I showed this simple technique for creating backgrounds using Painter's Tape.
You can see it HERE.

I pressed my Painter's tape onto my Peacock Blue Distress Oxide pad, pressed it onto my paper and lifted.  I repeated that process using some Faded Jeans Distress Oxide and Salty Ocean next until I was happy with the coverage.  To add a bit more interest, I stamped some Graffiti over the background.
Next, I stamped the flowers from the Altenew Wild Hibiscus flower set onto some Heat Resistant  Acetate with Versamark and then white heat embossed them.  I fussy cut them out and set them aside.
I placed the piece into my Misti and stamped the sentiment with black ink.

I have to admit, I struggled a lot trying to adhere those flowers to my card front.  I tried using Mono Glue then Ranger but could not get them to stick, so I took some fine white thread and ended up stitching them onto my card front. 


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More- MAKE YOUR MARK
Use Your Stuff- FOR THE MOMS
Craft Stamper Magazine- MAKE IT-TAKE IT
Fussy and Fancy Friday- BEAUTIFUL BLUES

Supplies
Stamps- Wild Hibiscus (Altenew); Huge Hugs (Hero Arts); Graffiti (Kaisercraft)
Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento; Distress Oxides-Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers (TH);
Versamark
Paper- heavy white
Accessories and Tools- Misti; Heat Resistant  Acetate (Hot Off the Presses); white EB powder;
heat tool; white thread; Painter's Tape

18 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Try as I might, Karen, I cannot find those stitches! a brilliant solution to that issue!!
Really fabulous card...
=]

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful card and I love this inking technique. So pretty!

Verna Angerhofer said...

You definitely are a true artist. I would never think of doing this and it is so very beautiful! Keep inspiring me! But I am afraid I will never be able to stitch as fine as you did.

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful Karen
gr karin

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous tape stamping and acrylic heat eb flowers, Karen. Boy, that is determination, resorting to sewing your flowers onto your card:-) TFS Karen, Hugs..

Pat said...

This blue mix is definitely a favourite of yours I know Karen, but it is a gorgeous combination, and the white embossed outline flowers on the acrylic look wonderful, but can understand that they would be difficult to glue as acetate is one of the hardest things to use, but the thread has worked really well. x

Bonnie said...

Adhering acetate is a challenge! I love how you solved that problem! Love the background and still want to try that technique. The embossed flowers are so pretty and let the background shine through!

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful colours and love the texture effect of the masking tape. It really gives a beautiful background :)

Susan said...

I think I'd have given up if I had had the problems adhering the acetate - not sure I'd ever have thought of sewing it on! Beautiful colours as always, and an innovative idea.

Loll said...

Beautiful card Karen. Those flowers heat embossed in white are so pretty. Great idea to stitch them to the card! xx

Norma said...

Gorgeous card, Karen. Your background turned out beautifully. Love your heat-embossed work on acetate--I gotta try that some day.
Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
Smiles,
Norma

missgailly said...

STUNNING! Always look forward to seeing your talent! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Amanda said...

This is so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff! Amanda - DT

Cathy P said...

WHat a gorgeous multi-media effect you have created, Karen. Love the vibrant blues and your white flowers and black sentiment! Great contrasts! Thanks for entering your card in our "Make You Mark" challenge on the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge.

TaeEun said...

Gorgeous background!!! I've never heard about that technique! It creates a beautiful random pattern! I could find your stitch only on the enlarged picture!!! Great job solving the problem!

Bobby said...

Your acetate flowers surely let the gorgeous background show through, Karen. I can imagine the frustration of trying to attach them and sewing seemed to be the perfect answer.

Linda said...

This looks amazing ..... I love the acetate flowers and the background looks fab. Must try that technique. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Viv said...

Sorry so late commenting this time Karen! love this card, another of your amazing backgrounds again, great use of acetate and super flowers too ;) hugs Viv xx