Friday 8 December 2017

Up on the Rooftops


Meet today's card.
Just a simple one filled with some fun.

I began by masking the side panel with a piece of scrap paper.  I punched a circle as well to represent the moon as I sponged with my Distress inks to fill in the masked area.
Leaving the mask in place, I stamped the trees using black Memento ink.
I removed the mask and stamped this fun flying Santa in his sleigh that I just picked up from The Stampin Place, with more black ink.  Added a simple sentiment and then mounted the whole piece onto navy cardstock.
That's it...pretty simple eh?


Thanks for coming by and taking a look.

Adding my card to these challenges:
The Male Room- CHRISTMAS/WINTER WISHES 
City Crafter- WHERE DID YOU GET THAT HAT?
CAS Mix Up- STAMPING/MASKING/SPONGING


Supplies
Stamps- trees (Northwoods); Santa's Sleigh (The Stampin' Place); Christmas Cheer (TT)
Inks- Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans Distress (TH); Tuxedo Black Memento
Paper- heavy white (local store)
Accessories and Tools- Misti; inking tool (TH); paper for masking; circle punch (SU)

23 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous love the design Karen
Gr Karin

Marilyn said...

Fab card and I really like your design.

Susan said...

Love the way you kept the coloured panel over on the left and Santa flying through the moon and into the white part of the card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love that fun card and a gorgeous layout too.

Dortesjs said...

Beautiful wintercard this ;O))

nancy littrell said...

Such a fun little trees, moon and sky scene for your flying Santa. Love the font on your sentiment too. TFS my friend. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..Happy Holidays. Hugs

Marina said...

OOOOh yes - I love that half thing you did - looks amazing.

JanR said...

It may be simple but it sure doesn't look simple! I love it!

Bobby said...

I love how you incorporated the moon into the scene, Karen. It wouldn't give the same feel without it

Christine Alexander said...

Karen, great layout for the card, I love the white space with the santa flying from one to the other. such a cool moon :)

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, Karen. I love your card, so amazing.

Hugs
Anke

Chris said...

Santa's Sleigh is such a stunning image, I love the way you have used it here. Thank you for sharing your card with us at The Male Room. Merry Christmas!
Chris (DT)

Cara said...

Beautiful composition and stunning card x

Lucille K said...

Wonderful card, love the half card design. Thank you for joining us at City Crafter :)

Loll said...

Beautiful card Karen. Very creative and unique design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Brawny x said...

A great card Karen love the design x

Bonnie said...

I love how you've masked the moon! Delightful!

Pat said...

This design is beautiful Karen and the blue tones you use are always so pretty especially with the white of the moon and the black silhouette trees, Santa and sleigh and sentiment. x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What an awesome and very clever design Karen!!!! I just love it!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such a fun holiday card, very clever design, Karen. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

Julia Aston said...

This is so fun with Santa and his sleigh flying over the trees and across the moon! love the font on your sentiment! Thanks for playing with the CAS Mix Up Karen! Julia xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FABULOUS, love Santa flying into the moon, a Super design, (as always). Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at The Male Room - Faith DT

Monika Skinner said...

Another beautiful card,Karen. Thanks for playing along again at The Male Room Challenge. Good Luck!