Saturday 23 April 2016

It's a Smiling Kinda Day!

Happy Saturday!

It's always a 'smiling kinda day' when I get to play along with the IC challenge at Splitcoast, use my favorite go-to clean and simple sketch, stamp with flowers and stamp them in blue!

This is the simple go-to sketch that I use when I'm not feeling very inspired.  I think when you get super busy, your motivation to be inspired gets tired too.  That's how it's been for me the last few weeks.  I find this sketch very easy to create with and my overall card design can stay very crisp and clean.

I began by masking off the panel on my card front.  This Rubbernecker flower is a two-step stamp so I placed the first outline part in my MISTI and stamped with black Memento ink. Then using the second part of the flower stamp, placed it in my MISTI, coloured it with Memento markers, sprayed with water and stamped.  I did that twice; once with the light colour and then with a darker shade.
When that was dry, I sponged the edges with Salty Water Distress ink and then finally scored with my ScorPal then my ScorBug.  For those of you that have never heard of the ScorBug, it is a little tool that you can use with your ScorPal and it makes little embossed dots on your card stock.
This is one of my favourite sentiment stamps from Daisy Bucket.  They are no longer in business but sometimes you can find them on Ebay.  

Adding my card to these challenges:    

Simon Says- MAKE IT GIRLIE

CAS on Sunday- TIC TAC TOE
(girlie, stamp, dry embossed)

Crazy 4 Challenges- APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS

(I used dry embossing)



Have a great weekend and thanks so much for coming by to take a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Rubbernecker, Daisy Bucket/ ink- Distress, Memento/ Memento markers/ MISTI/ applicator tool/ Mini mister/ ScorPal/ ScorBug

15 comments:

Loll said...

This makes me smile! Gorgeous design Karen. Have a great weekend! xx

shirley-bee said...

Makes me smile, too! Love the two-step flower :)

Gabi MeWi said...

Wonderful card.And I love Gerbera flowers.

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card x

Susan said...

Great card...very happy! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Karen, love those flowers and the layout you used. I have one of those Scorepal but seem to struggle with it, like a bit around the place lol. Anyway wonderful card, great colours.

Heather said...

A beautiful card Caren, a lovely embossed background with gorgeous beautiful flowers and a super details!!


hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining you with <a href="www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/``=>Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge</a>.

CherylQuilts said...

Such a beautiful card, Karen, and I do love this layout! And this flower is gorgeous with your layering and colors! Stunning, my friend! And the Scor-Bug - I'd forgotten that one and will need to get it out. I love the embossed edge from it! So cool! Hugs, and have a relaxing day today! xoxo

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Karen! The flowers are just beautiful! Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers this time around for E is for Embossing (and Edna)!!

Jingle said...

This is super pretty. Those flowers look amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Anke said...

Fantastic card, I love the Blue.

Lynne Mizera said...

I just LOVE what you did with that stamp - wonderful card!! Thanks for joining us over at the Sisterhood for Snarky Stampers this week!

Barb said...

Your card made me smile too Karen. It's lovely. I'm your new follower. Barbxx

Lindsey said...

It is helpful to have a go-to when inspiration seems to be hiding! And this is a great layout to use. Your flower panel is beautiful! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous flower panel, lovely sketch. thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for E is for Embossing.