Monday 23 November 2015

Goosebumps


Do you use Pinterest to be inspired?  

Here is my card inspired by this challenge at Splitcoast and this Pinterest pin:


I just love the mix of the light to dark.  I used that as inspiration for my card.

I began by applying Goosebump (a gel medium) over my SSS stencil that you have seen me use in different ways many times.  Be sure and wash or soak your stencil in warm soapy water after use.
When it was all dry, I applied Distress inks with an applicator tool and sprayed with a bit of water to help blend it all together.
I love the icy look the Goosebumps gives to the design.
The sentiment from Paper Smooches was stamped and die cut with a Spellbinders oval die.
I then sponged some more blue Distress ink over that and splattered with white acrylic paint using a paint brush.  I used pop dots to adhere it to my card front.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp- CHRISTMAS

A Gem of a Challenge- INSPIRED BY A CHRISTMAS SONG
(Let is Snow, Let is Snow, Let is Snow)

My Time to Craft- LET IT SNOW

Brown Sugar- ANYTHING GOES

Fairy Tale- CHRISTMAS WITHOUT RED AND GREEN


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Paper Smooches/ stencil-SSS/ Goosebumps gel medium/ sponge/ Distress and Memento ink/ wh acrylic paint/ applicator tool

11 comments:

Bobby said...

It gives me goosebumps to look at this, Karen. We just got snow and I had forgotten how much I don't like cold weather. But I do like you card. Very icy and cool, if you'll pardon the pun.

Unknown said...

Another great card, I really must have a play with my Goosebumps. Karen x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another stunning snowflake card.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is a perfect card for Goosebumps! Very pretty.

Ina G said...

Fabulous effect you got here Karen. Will have to check out goosebumps. Something new to me.

shirley-bee said...

I bought some Goosebumps and haven't used it yet... Love your snowflake card :)

Virginia L. said...

Beauitufl blue and textures! The icying feel really come through in this, Karen! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas” Challenge! And please stay warm :)

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar, good luck!!! Amy DT

Creations by Shirl said...

Very lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Brown Sugar Challenge~

Pat said...

Great card, super image, thanks for sharing with us at MTTC.

Pat xx

Anna said...

Gorgeous!!!!Thank you for joining us at Brown Sugar this week!
Anna Dt