Saturday 2 August 2014

Beautiful Life

 
It's time for another Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast so I am ready to get stamping.  Today, we are being inspired by a wonderful Pinterest board by Esta Home Decor with the Shabby, Chic and Romantic theme.  Here is the photo that inspired me:
 
I began by using one of my all-time favourite stamps.  It is from Innovative Stamp Creations.  The hollyhocks are so easy to colour for a watercolour effect.  So, I coloured them with Memento markers, sprayed with water then stamped onto my cardstock.  I then inked up my non-stick craft sheet with shades of pinks and red Distress inks, sprayed with water and dragged my paper through the wet ink.  When that was dry, I die-cut the flowers using my Impression Obsession holllyhock die and glued them onto my stamped flowers.  I added some pearls to the flower centers to reflect the elegance and the theme of the Pinterest board theme.
 
Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES
 
Addicted to Stamps- ANYTHING GOES
 
 
Hope you have a great weekend and thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.
 
Supplies:  stamps- ISC, Mama Elephant/ Die-IO/ pearls/ Distress ink/ Memento markers/ Mini Mister/ non-stick craft sheet

17 comments:

SD pooja said...

Ohh this is so beautiful !

Deepti said...

This is so pretty :) love those flowers, thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Ellibelle said...

So beautiful Karen. Really loving the watercolor look!

Virginia L. said...

I love your hollyhocks, Karen! The colors are fresh and clean! Beautifully inspired! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Julie B said...

These hollyhocks are so pretty Karen, love the watercolour effect, especially the leaves.
Thanks for joining us at ATSM. :)

Neets B said...

Gorgeous card and thanks for sharing your techniques, I really must work more with water. Thanks for joining in at ATSM this week, Anita x

shirley-bee said...

Fab card, Karen! I love the watercoloured image and how you've layered the flowers on top.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this is beautiful! I LOVE your flowers and how they pop! And it is truly "wonderful in every way!" Hugs, sweet friend!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Karen! I love how you inked and die cut the holly hocks and your color combo is just beautiful! It's always fun to visit your blog!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week! Hope you'll come back again soon!

stressfreestamping said...

Another beautiful card, Karen! Your flowers are always stunning and this one is no exception! I love the colors you used. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)

Davi said...

Love love those hollyhocks Karen!! Wonderful card :)

Jingle said...

Wow! Absolutely GORGEOUS, Karen! Those flowers look stunning! I particularly love the added dimension you gave them! Awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Loll said...

Always LOVE your garden cards. This is one amazing image and you have used it to perfection with the watercolor spritz technique and then layering more saturated watercolor blooms on top. The pearls are the perfect embellishments. So creative and inspiring my friend!! Loll xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi karen
Love this stamp... Beautifully coloured...
Hugs Sylviexx

Anonymous said...

What a stunning card.
When I saw it first I thought the flowers were Crochet they look so 3D, I love it

Patricia x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow super , I really , really love this one!!!

Greetings
Maria

Daria said...

Gorgeous! I love the combination of stamping and die-cutting here. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card and the details.