Saturday 25 January 2014

Inky Fingers


Happy Saturday and I am getting inky today...love it!  I was inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast this morning (inspiration below) from a store at Etsy called Integrity Graphics.
A few months ago, I bought a gelli plate after seeing some cards on Splitcoast and reading about this strange and wonderful thing others were talking about.  For those of you that have never heard about one before, check out the videos at UTube and watch the fun.  So, the background of this card was created using a Gelli Plate and acrylic paint.  All I can say is that it is addictive.
For the main panel, I rubbed on Distress inks (Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass, Dusty Concord) with a makeup sponge in a circular motion.  I then went in with water and a brush to blend the colours together and add the droplets.  When that was dry, I stamped the alphabet to the side for balance.
It is always a happy day when I get time to play.

Adding my card to the Shopping Our Stash Challenge-BLUE

Supplies:  stamps; Kaiser, Daisy Bucket/ Gelli Plate/ acrylic paint/ Distress ink/ sponge


4 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, Gelli Plate is such fun! You just can't stop at making one piece, you have to keep on going :) Love the background and the panel!

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous card, would also be great for the blue challenge at shopping our stash.

Karren said...

This is a fabulous card. Love the depth you've created.

Susanne Vargas said...

What a gorgeous card! I am very intrigued by this Gelli Plate! Hope you will show more...!