Tuesday 22 November 2016

Jingle All The Way


Are you feeling the holiday spirit yet?  

Meet today's card.  
Just a fun little card that will hopefully brighten someones day.

To create my card, I embossed a piece of heavy white cardstock using an embossing folder from Tim Holtz.  I love the design it created and just a little tip....if you lightly spray you paper with water before embossing, you will get a much crisper impression on your paper.
Next, I printed out the Santa and sprayed with Krylon to seal the ink and avoid bleeding.
(I first bought him when he was offered as a digi.  He is no longer available but you can buy him in a set from MFT.)   
Using Copic markers, I coloured him in and glued a cute little sparkle pom-pom to his hat.  
I die-cut the sentiment using a die from Stamplorations and also coloured that using Copics giving it an ombre look.
I glued that over my embossed background and pop-dotted Santa on top of the sentiment.



 Adding my card to these challenges:

Little Red Wagon- IT'S EMBOSSABLE

Crafty Cardmakers- EMBOSSING

Cutie Pie Challenge- CUTIE-NESS

Make My Monday- CAS CHRISTMAS


 Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.
 Supplies:  stamp- none/ die- Stamplorations/ Cuttlebug/ Copic markers/ pop dots/ pom-pom/ eb folder-TH/ Krylon spray


25 comments:

SD pooja said...

Cute n Fun plus different from your usual style ;) !

Bonnie said...

This Santa is so much fun! Love that embossed background!

Diane Jaquay said...

SO adorable, love the multi color sentiment!!

Nstiz said...

This is absolutely adorable, Karen! Love the clean design and the beautiful way you colored him. And yes, that embossing folder is a must have! What a great card!

Bobby said...

I've been tempted to get that Santa set for some time, Karen. The thing about a digi is you can resize it, can't you? Love the ombre coloring and embossing.

Sian said...

This is a lovely cute card. I love the image and the embossed background.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great tips, thank you and a GREAT card and colouring.
Faith
x

Ina G said...

Such a cute Santa Karen. Love the background (thanks for the tip) Simply adorable.

Pat said...

What a jolly Santa. Thanks for sharing with Make My Monday Challenge.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love it. Such a cute Santa and so well colored. That is a great embossing folder too!

Loll said...

Great texture from the nordic sweater-like embossing folder. And great tip about spraying with water first --- thanks for that Karen. Love this sweet little santa. He always brings a smile to my face. :) xx

A Place for Kia said...

Such a happy and fun Christmas card Karen ... I love this set too.

nancy littrell said...

Such a happy and fun Christmas card. Perfect for kids of all ages :-) Hugs, Nancy

Unknown said...

This is adorable! That embossing folder is perfect for that Santa! Thank you for joining us for this week's challenge at LRW!

Donna said...

Beautifully made, Karen. Made me smile. X

Aileen said...

Fabulous Santa card Karen, love the pompom on his hat too. That embossed background is the best, looks so cool.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh this is my motto every day of the year, Karen!!! DArling design - LOve the sentiment cut, and since I have around 50 embossing folders, I will try the spritzing idea! Thanks!
=]

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Adorable! I really like that ombre greeting.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous happy card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela x

Julie said...

Great card, just right for our challenge over at Cutie Pie this month.

Lisa xx said...

this is such a sweet card and what an adorable image (thanks for the embossing tip too, good to know!)

thank you for joining in with the cutie pie challenge, hope you will join us again soon

J said...

Thank you for joining in with my challenge at crafty cardmakers this time - what a lovely card with a really fun santa!

Jackie

Cazro said...

Super cute Santa, loving your jingle sentiment. Thanks for joining us at MMM. Caz DT

Shona Hamill said...

Love your card, thank you for sharing with the Cutie Pies! Hugs, Shona xx

Unknown said...

UFC 207

UFC 207 live

UFC 207

UFC 207 live

UFC 207 live

UFC 207 live Streaming

UFC 207 live Free Stream

Watch UFC 207

Watch UFC 207 live

UFC 207 Fight Card

Ronda Rousey vs Amanda Nunes live

Nunes vs Rousey live

Rousey vs Nunes live Streaming

UFC 207: Nunes vs Rousey live