Sunday 6 December 2015

Peace and Joy


Morning.
When I see all the gorgeous poinsettias decorating stores and homes I think of them as Christmas glories.  They always feel like the perfect finishing touch for the holiday decor.
I just love this stamps from STAMPlorations and I love using the loose watercoloring technique so I put the two together and this is what I came up with.  

I began by stamping the poinsettia on a piece of scrap paper so I could cut out a mask to use so I could get the look of a cluster of flowers.  I inked the stamp with black Memento ink again and stamped it onto my cardstock.
I got out my Brushos next and sprinkled some onto my pallet, sprayed with water and used that to do a loose watercolour on my flowers.  When it was all dry, I fussy cut the piece out so I could glue just the corner and pop the edges up to add more dimension.
Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from PTI, scored a border to pull it all together and added the small pearls to the flower centers.


Adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to CAS- JOY

Little Red Wagon- TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS COLOURS

Addicted to Stamps- HOLIDAY

Just Add Ink- JUST ADD 'C'
(Christmas, colour)

Allsorts- CLEAN and SIMPLE


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- STAMPlorations, PTI/ ScorPal/ sm. pearls/ Brushos/ paint brush/ Memento ink

17 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

I adore poinsettias, and these are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, I love the sentiment stamp you've used. Karen xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderfully made card. Love those poinsettias and the coloring you did on them. Great sentiment stamp too!

Craftychris said...

Your poinsettias are gorgeous! The sentiment and embossed border finish the card off beautifully xxx

Jan said...

This is stunning Karen! I adore your water coloured poinsettias and your shading, framing and sentiment are wonderful accents. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Rahmat said...

Loving this card, the masking is perfect, and the water coloring is simply beautiful Karen.

Heather said...

This is just so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week.

Carolyn Wolff said...

This is amazing. Your work is so inspiring.

JanR said...

Gorgeous!

McCrafty's Cards said...

So beautiful I love the poinsettia, Thank you for joining in with us at Allsorts this week, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Loll said...

Beautiful Karen. Gorgeous watercolouring and I love the dimension from fussy-cutting, and the scored border. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. xx

ColourmehappyDi said...

Wow, this is so beautifully coloured, Karen. I love that the clean background really helps those amazing poinsettias pop.
Thanks for playing at JAI this week.
Di :-)

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautifully done Karen. Such lovely poinsettias and elegant design. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Patrice said...

Your Christmas glories are gorgeous, Karen. Beautiful colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. xx

susiestacey said...

Lovely card. Thank you for sharing at this weeks "CAS' challenge at Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

Bobby said...

Scored border. Popped up edges. You know just the right things to take your cards over the top design wise, Karen.

anja curvers said...

Wow awesome really very pretty. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.