Sunday 12 July 2015

Shades of Green

Shades of Green is what I am calling today's card.

I am loving playing with that new stamp from Penny Black called Trumpet Song.  Trying some new techniques using it as well.  


To create the look of watercolour on my card, I sprayed my stamp with a good amount of water then stamped onto my 90lb. watercolour paper.  I like to hold the stamp there for just a few seconds to make sure the water has a chance to penetrate the paper and holds the shape of the image stamp.
Next, I sprinkled on some green Brusho pigment crystals.  When they hit the water they burst into life and give you a really nice variation of colour.  I applied a little bit more of the Brusho onto my acrylic block, sprayed with water so I could add some green specks on the open areas.
When the piece was totally dry, I used my MISTI to stamp the Sprinkles and Smiles sentiment.  Love how I can repeat stamp for a deep, rich shade of black when using the MISTI.

Adding my card to these challenges:

CASology- REPEAT
(I had to stamp the image with water several times along the edge of my cs)
 
Addicted to Stamps- MAKE YOUR MARK

Virginia's View- 100% STAMPED

Craft Stamper- TAKE A STAMP-ANYTHING GOES

Craft for the Craic- SUMMERTIME

Crafty Friends- ANYTHING GOES


Thanks again for all the times you visit and I so appreciate all your kind comments.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Brusho/ mini mister/ Memento bl ink/ paint brush/ acrylic block/ MISTI

21 comments:

Hannelie said...

Your inky talent is just delightful....card after card !
Thanks for playing repeat with us at Casology Karen!

Unknown said...

What a great technique, loving the green & black colour combo. Karen x

Lin said...

Beautiful, Karen! This is such a pretty shade of green!!

OH Babs said...

Beautiful, Karen - as usual.

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Karen... As always your inkiness is stunning
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends
Hugs Sylvie x

Davi said...

Beautiful Karen, feels like Im in the shade of a lovely vine :)

Sarn said...

I wholeheartedly agree with everyone else's lovely comments. Smashing card.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card Karen! Great technique and even better result! Stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM this week!
Kamila DT

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE your project! Happy you're with us in the TIMI challenge from the Craft Stamper.
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Gillian R said...

Beautiful card, the background is just stunning. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Karen Hasheck said...

Just gorgeous- totally pinning again like I do most of your cards:) Thanks for the inspiration!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous card! And thanks for the tips when "water coloring" with stamps. I think I pick my stamps up too quickly. I'm impatient!

Bobby said...

Love the monochrome look of this, Karen, and the Brushos add just the right amount of spark.

Bonnie said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing your process, Karen!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another wonderful card design. So glad you shared.

Paulette S said...

Karen, these are just beautiful. I enjoy your water color cards so much, even though I don't comment on each one. They are just a delight to see! Thanks, Paulette S.
http://paulettesprettypapercrafts dot wordpress dot com
since google/blogger won't delete my expired profile for a blog that no longer exists and insists on keeping it connect to Me, rather than let me delete or edit it.

Unknown said...

Wow this is stupendous!!! Love the clean style of your card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends and good luck xxx

Olesya Andreyeva said...

Beautiful card! Love how the green frame emphasizes the main image! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.
Olesya DT

Linda said...

Beautiful as always. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Crafty Friends.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(DT Crafty Friends)

Unknown said...

Wow. Beautiful colours and card. Thank you for joining us this month over at Craft for the Craic.