Thursday 2 April 2015

Nature's Best


This morning I am being inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast called 'ELEMENTS'...show Wind, Water, Earth or Fire on your card.  I tried to combine a few elements and show Earth and Water.

I began with a piece of watercolour paper and taped it to my board.  I use a cutting board I bought at the dollar store.  I find it helpful to tape my piece down when using water and paint.
Next, I sprinkled some Bister (http://ibrakeforstamps.com/bister.aspx ) onto my paper and sprayed with water.  I am getting addicted to using those paints.  I also sponged on some Distress ink to fill in the white areas.  
 When all was dry, I inked the leaves from Hero Arts with Stazon black ink and stamped.  I stamped a script from Penny Black along the edge to add some depth to the background and then last but not least, the sentiment.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

CASology- SPRING

Simon Says- BIRTHDAY

Simply Create Too- ANYTHING GOES

Crafting By Design- APRIL ANYTHING GOES

Chocolate Baroque- INSPIRATION


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Looking forward to a long weekend.

Supplies:  stamps- Hero Arts, Penny Black/ Bister / Mini Mister/ Distress ink- Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers/ Stazon ink

18 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Another stunner! I'm planning another play with my Bister/Brushos this afternoon. Still haven't come up with anything worth sharing but I'm certainly having fun, Jo x

judith@poppy cottage said...

A beautiful card Karen, great background. Thanks for entering the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

Pat said...

I have looked everywhere online for Bisters. Where does one find them?

Ruby said...

Stunning card. I also have been searching for bisters. Karen see what you have started.

Ellie Knol said...

I can see rain in there, and the satins of earth! Gorgeous!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh, I love this and it certainly does look like rain to me. Your work is so lovely and I can hardly wait until I am up and about later so I can resume playing with all these great water color ideas. I got my Bisters at I Brake for Stamps.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This one has a really neat speckled look to it. I'm really liking these Bisters and what you are doing with them. Fabulous card!

Ina G said...

Beautiful card Karen. Love the results you are getting with bisters.

Annette Allen said...

wow this is gorgeous.. i love it

Craftychris said...

Another cool Blister card! Love it! xxx

Craftychris said...

Sorry, meant Bister! xxx

Joyce said...

Such a beautiful card. Thanks so much for linking up at CASology this week.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful design and background Karen, I love the effect of the Bisters crystals. Thanks for joining us at Chocolate Baroque's challenge, Shirleyxx

Davi said...

What a beautiful card Karen, love the background, I have never heard of Bister, will have to check it out!!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning work of art, it's so beautiful!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Bobby said...

I am enjoying your Bister creations, Karen, and seeing what you add to them to complete your cards. Love them all!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beauitufl background on both of your entries this week Karen! Thank you for joining us at CASology this week!

Caryn said...

Fabulous card Karen, the soft blues are just so pretty.
Thanks for sharing your fabulous creation with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx