Saturday 15 March 2014

Birthday Roses


Welcome to the weekend and I am playing along again with the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast. (photo below)  Such a great challenge to get your creative juices flowing!  
I haven't done rolled roses for so long so got out some pink papers and cut then rolled and glued a black pearl in the center.  I wanted to vary the leaves behind the roses so I did that by colouring the large ones with Copic markers and the smaller ones were done by using the LEAVES die cut then dragged them through wet green Distress inks on a non-stick craft sheet.  The banner was done by inking up my FLOWER FLOURISH background stamp with pink Distress inks, spraying with water then stamped off before going onto my cardstock to give a watercolour effect.  I then cut it into the shape of a banner and added the sentiment .

I am also adding my card to these challenges:
Little Red Wagon- DIMENSIONAL
Simon Says Stamp- SPECIAL GIRL
Addicted to Stamps- ANYTHING GOES
Virginia's View #1- WATERCOLOURING
check it out:


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Distress inks-Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick/ craft sheet/ bl Memento/ black pearls


photo from Packaging of the World

7 comments:

Lin said...

Oh Karen, what a beauty! I love everything about your card!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I had to look twice!!! I LOVE your rolled roses and am so glad you used them in this gorgeous card, sweet friend! It's amazing! I just love these colors together and your beautiful bouquet with the lovely sentiment banner. Just love the Flower Flourish BG! Warm hugs, sweet friend!

Davi said...

WOW Karen this is absolutely Gorgeous!! The flowers and different leaves look stunning with the big floral flag!! OH I do LOVE LOVE this one ;)






Tracy Penney said...

Karen those flowers are gorgeous and are the perfect touch to this beautiful card. Thanks for joining our "Truly Dimensional" challenge over at Little Red Wagon.

Sue said...

Hi Karen, your roses are gorgeous and the lovely banner makes such a beautiful backdrop. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Virginia L. said...

Love the panel that you created with water-colors! The roses are perfect with that gorgeous backdrop, Karen! Thanks so much for linking to Virginia's View Challenge!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card, absolutely love those rolled roses.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby