Sunday 19 January 2014

Smiling with Paint Chips


Paint chips are such a fun and free thing to play with.  My friend Virginia has been challenging us to use paint chips in our designs so when I saw the Inspiration Challenge site this week at Splitcoast I was in.  The site is all about colour combos and the photos are just gorgeous.  If you have never been to the Design Seeds site before, you must click the link and take a look...very inspiring.  The photo that inspired me is below.
This card came together quickly with the colours on the paint chip as inspiration.  I used a die cut flower from Simon Says in white to contrast against the blue.  Then I added the paint splat for interest and the sentiment and done.

Adding my card to this challenge:
CAS-ual Fridays- COLOUR BLOCKS

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a peek.

Supplies:  stamps; Daisy Bucket, Neat and Tangled/ paint chip/ die-SSS/ pop dots


8 comments:

Virginia L. said...

It warms my heart to see you use paint chips, Karen! This card has that serene and calming feel because of the gradients of the blue!I also like the splash of blue behind the sentiment. It's beautifully done! Thanks for linking up to share!

Lin said...

Beautiful blues, Karen! Love your card!

sandie said...

love this Karen, just saw it on blogger dashboard and had to pop by and tell you how stunning this is xx

Gabby said...

Terrific design Karen! I have a stack of paint chip cards from yrs ago that I've never used. I need to get them out and use them cause they would be fun to create with. :) Also, I haven't made an IC card yet but I selected some pictures. Maybe I have a print chip card that would coordinate. I will look ... how fun! THX for sharing your card and giving me the idea. :D

Karen McAlpine said...

Love this! The delicate die cut over the paint chip really has a great impact.

Deepti said...

Saw ur card at casual Friday's and had to make a trip down here, this is super cool :)

Alice said...

love the paint chip idea. this is so pretty! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jocelyn Olson said...

The colors are *perfect* Karen! I love the contrast of the paint splatter and the delicate die cut. What a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!