Saturday 27 July 2013

Summer Fun


It's Saturday and that means I am playing along with the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast today, Seize the Birthday Challenge and also the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.
This card was a simple one; inspired by my son and his love of skateboarding and the t-shirt pictured below.  I started by using my Distress stain and getting the tip saturated with stain and then tapped it onto my paper to create the splat.  It is so fun to do especially if you love the look of the mixed media cards that I do.  I then added the stamping around it and the skateboarder image.
Fun card for a teenager I think.  
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look and I hope you have a great weekend.

Supplies:  stamps; Flonz, PTI, WPlus9, Woodwares/ Distress stain/ pop dots/ Memento black


12 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love the background you created Karen - the colors are super! and the silhouette skateboarder is perfect!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I LOVE the splat! What fun and such a great idea! I just may have to try this...but it will NEVER look like yours! You are the master in this style...amazing! I love it!

Krisha said...

Super GREAY card!!

Davi said...

Love the background you created to go with the silhouette image! Really outstanding :)

JanR said...

What a fab male card!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!
x

Darnell said...

This is a PERFECT card for a teenager! Love it, Karen!!

shirley-bee said...

Wow, love it!

Ardyth said...

That splat is splatterrific - I was hoping it was a stamp! Now I'm gonna have to buy some Distress Stain (is that like daubers?) Love the colours, too!

Bonnie said...

This is so perfect for a young man! I'm not sure what the distress stain is, but I'm going to have to look for it! Wish I got that stamp when it was available! My grandson loves his skateboard!

Gabby said...

INCREDIBLE stain splats, Karen! Great card! I am slowly but surely working on buying some Ranger stain and paint. FYI: On today's Ingenious Inkling (Stef from SCS IC) blog post, there is a link to this fab card. :D

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)